9 Favourite DIY Make-at-Home Hot Drinks
by Christina Dennis
I love me my coffee. And my hot chocolate. And my apple cider. I enjoy pretty much any type of warm drink when the weather cools and the autumn leaves begin to fall! I’m one of those moms that needs my coffee (or tea, or hot chocolate) for my “get up and go” some days. When you live a little off of the beaten path like I do, it’s nice to have some DIY recipes on hand to make your own yummy, hot drinks if you can’t zip to the coffee shop. Here are my 9 most favourite DIY make-at-home hot drinks (I’d like one of each right now, actually!):
- London Fog from Just Bella: This luxurious combo of Earl Grey tea and vanilla syrup is definitely a tasty treat.
- Homemade Gingerbread Latte from Mom Advice: What a festive, spicy drink (and you’ve got to love the little sprinkles)!
- Chai Latte from Fitness Chicks: Here’s another spicy drink that’s such a classic. FYI: the site’s in Dutch, so here are the English ingredients:
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cardamom
1 tsp cinnamon
2 bags of black tea
1 tbsp sugar
500 ml water
500 ml milk
… and the pictures are easy to follow!
- Pumpkin Spice Latte from Pastry Affair: Who doesn’t like one of these at Thanksgiving? Pumpkin + spices + a latte? Nothing better.
- Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate from Savory Sweet Life: This would be glorious at the end of a fall/winter day when coffee just won’t do.
- Copycat Starbucks Caramel Apple Hot Cider from Favorite Family Recipes: Here’s another great drink for an evening curled up in front of a fire – and it’s so simple!
- Salted Caramel Mocha Latte from Mom Advice: Here’s the coffee version of a salted caramel hot chocolate – the savory + sweet combo is delish.
- Red Velvet Hot Chocolate by Une Deux Senses: What a unique idea! A rich combo of cream cheese, chocolate and whipped cream make this drink sound absolutely heavenly.
- Homemade Peppermint Mocha by Mom Advice: This just screams “holidays” to me. Chocolate and peppermint always go so well together.
Enjoy DIYing your own hot drinks!