9 Favourite Fall Fashion Styles for the DIY Mommy
By Christina Dennis
Fall has to be my favourite time of year. To me, even though the leaves turn and fall, it’s a time for fresh beginnings and new dreams. I love sipping warm spicy drinks in the brisk weather, and I’ve always enjoyed dressing in more interesting layers and fall-ish fashion.
As a mom – and as a crafty mom at that – I like to find outfits that are just as practical as they are interesting & creative. Jeans are my go-to pant, and stretchy layers work so well with an on-the-go lifestyle. Here are my top 9 favourite outfit ideas for fall this year for a DIY Mommy:
- (Image Credit) Nothing says “autumn” more than a scarf, and I love this colourful scarf paired with a mustard yellow blouse, trouser jeans and medium brown accessories. Easy and casual!
- (Image Credit) For a “mom’s night out”, this forgiving wrap is gorgeous and glamourous. Tall brown boots are a fall classic, and the teal purse adds just the right pop.
- (Image Credit) Brights can be worn in fall too! Here, happy hues of yellow and aqua transition into autumn via cardigan and casual jeans.
- (Image Credit) Coloured jeans can still be worn in cooler weather with a monotone, neutral scarf and cardigan combo paired with brown accessories.
- (Image Credit) This floral scarf is so sweet worn with a feminine blazer in a nubby textured fabric. I like the contrasting striped shirt underneath.
- (Image Credit) Here’s another fabulous example of bringing bright colours (mint & blush) into fall with heavier fabrics and a warm scaf.
- (Image Credit) A bold striped cardigan is paired with a black shell, pumps and pops of yellow accessories. Trouser jeans are a must for fall!
- (Image Credit) Fern green and mustard yellow are classic fall colours and pair nicely here with chestnut brown accessories.
- (Image Credit) A pop of coral makes this casually cute outfit sing! A tan biker jacket is a nice classic paired with a skinny jean.
What is your go-to “mommy uniform” when the weather cools down? Are you a jeans girl? Prefer maxi dresses & cardis? Comment below; I’d love to hear!
(P.S. I’m working up the courage to possibly do regular features of my own style – I’ve noticed a lack of fashion blog posts for petite-ish, curvy moms. Please let me know if this might be something that would be interesting or not!)
(P.P.S. Want to make your own scarf? Click here for a DIY!)
Christina Dennis is the creator and designer behind Golly Gee Baby, a collection of unique and colourful baby clothing and accessories that are ethically manufactured.