DIY Baby Teething Relief – Quick Ideas & Tricks
Yesterday was certainly not the best day of my life. Baby A was in so much pain! She’s getting her two top teeth, and she was crying all day long (which is so unlike her usually happy self). Three cheers for miserable, teething babies…
The response I got was SO helpful, as always.
Here are some of the ideas I received on how to soothe a teething baby. There are so many great ones here that I hope some of you will find helpful too! Many people reminded me that what works on one teething babe might not work on another, so keep trying different remedies.
- Camilia - “Camilia® is neutral-tasting and comes packaged in sterile, drinkable and unbreakable unit-doses, making it an easy-to-administer, and fast-acting way of soothing teething woes.”
- Hylands Teething Gel – “A homeopathic combination for the temporary relief of symptoms of simple restlessness and wakeful irritability due to cutting teeth.”
- Hylands Teething Tablets – “Hyland’s Baby Teething Tablets provide a natural, homeopathic formula for symptoms of simple restlessness and wakeful irritability due to the cutting of teeth. It reduces pain, inflammation, fever, drooling and the discomfort of teething.”
- Unopened freezies to chew on (this is what we chose yesterday since I had one in the freezer and it was fast relief!)
- Cold/frozen wash cloths to chew on
- Razberry Teether - “First Hands-Free all Silicone teether, with stimulating Multi-Textures that soothe while they play for a happy teething baby – can be frozen for extra soothing comfort.”
- Frozen fruit to gnaw on (with or without a mesh bag)
- Amber teething necklace – “Used for centuries, Baltic Amber has been used for a variety of ailments from teething pain to arthritis. Scientific research has shown that succinic acid has a very positive influence on the human body. It improves immunity and the balance of acids when absorbed into the bloodstream, it stimulates the thyroid glands to help reduce drooling and soothe inflamed areas. Amber’s anti-inflammatory and therapeutic properties are recognised by allopathic medicine as a natural analgesic (pain reliever), which can help to relieve many painful conditions.”
- Tylenol or Advil for pain relief
What types of teething remedies worked for your baby?