Valentine’s Day is coming soon, and it’s my girls favourite day of the year! They love helping me decorate our home with hearts and pink, and we also enjoy coming up with Valentines for their classmates together. We thought up these love bug valentines for this year, and my daughters were totally smitten with these little guys! These DIY Valentines would make sweet gifts for classmates and friends and they’re a great non-candy Valentine idea!
If you stick the love bugs to the foam hearts with double sided tape or a very small dab of Mod Podge, recipients can pop the love bug off and keep it as a pet. 🙂
Here’s what you need for this project (these are affiliate links):
- Valentine scrapbook paper (similar to mine): http://amzn.to/1PYUJzi
- Foam hearts (similar to mine): http://amzn.to/1VXhM27
- Large decorative gems (similar): http://amzn.to/1PYUVyn
- Craft eyes (similar): http://amzn.to/1Kwa5z4
- Mod Podge: http://amzn.to/1PYV310
- Baker’s Twine: http://amzn.to/1USnlyC
- Craft Brush
This FREE PDF love bug Valentines tags download (click here or on the image below to download the letter sized PDF):
For some of their love bugs, my girls used a sharpie to draw on mouths, noses… even hair! The possibilities are endless with these. The best part? Making them kept my 7 and 4 year old occupied for almost an hour. YESSS!
Here’s my video tutorial on how to make these: