This past weekend, we decided to try making a fun and colourful “unicorn” milkshake complete with sprinkles and whipped cream. A certain unicorn drink took over social media last week, so I was inspired to try to concoct my own drink at home that was just as magical but used simple ingredients that we had on hand.
This drink is a fun treat, but it still contains some fresh fruit which I love.
The girls devoured these milkshakes! The addition of colourful sprinkles and a multiple layers make them special and fun.
Here’s our easy unicorn milkshake recipe:
- 1½ cups vanilla ice cream
- ¾ cups milk
- ½ cup strawberries
- drop of teal food colouring
- whipped cream
- In a blender, blend together 1 cup of ice cream with ½ cup of milk and ½ cup fresh strawberries.
- Pour this mixture into a glass until it's about half full. Pour the remaining mixture into a spare cup.
- Wash the blender, and then blend together ½ cup ice cream with ¼ cup milk and a drop of food colouring.
- Pour the second mixture over the first into the glass. Pour the remaining strawberry mixture into the glass until it's full.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles.
Watch this video to see us making our unicorn milkshakes: