Apple butter is the perfect Fall preserve with a rich, delicious texture. This apple butter recipe is so easy to make because you use a slow cooker!
Now’s the perfect time of year to cook or bake with apples, and this apple butter recipe is a must-try!
You can slather it on homemade bread or biscuits (get my homemade whole wheat bread recipe here), for a perfect Fall breakfast or snack.
The best part is this recipe is made in your slow cooker! It’s quick to prepare and so easy to cook. Let’s get started!
- 3 lb. gala apples
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp apple pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Peel and core apples, then chop into 1 inch pieces.
- Lightly spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Toss apples into the slow cooker.
- Add sugars, apple pie spice, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Cook in your slow cooker on high for one hour, then on low for 4-5 additional hours, stirring a few times throughout.
- After the cook time, use an immersion blender or your hot-food friendly regular blender to puree. Return to slow cooker, stir in vanilla.
- This recipe can be doubled for a larger batch, increase the cook time to 10-12 hours on low.