Baby oil has a million uses, but why buy a store-brand baby oil (with unknown & possibly harmful ingredients) when you can make a natural, herbal one yourself with just a few ingredients? This baby oil is Olive Oil based, so it is soft on baby’s skin and safe if ever accidentally ingested. It works well as a baby massage oil, to treat cradle cap (massage into baby’s scalp 30 minutes before a bath, then comb scalp gently) or as a natural moisturizer.
- organic olive oil
- organic, dried calendula flowers
- organic, dried chamomile flowers
- sterilized canning jar
- Fill a sterilized canning jar approximately 3/4 full with olive oil.
- Add chamomile & calendula flowers – the same amount of each – to fill about 1/2 of the jar.
- Seal this mixture tightly, and let sit in a sunny indoor place for 30-45 days.
- Once mixture has set, strain out flowers with cheesecloth and a funnel into a bottle.
Why these ingredients? Olive oil is a wonderful skin softener and conditioner. Calendula flowers are calming and healing. Chamomile flowers are used for treating sensitive skin issues such as eczema and psoriasis.