My good friend Alyssa has 3 little girls just like I do, so we have a lot in common. Recently she started telling me about a makeover she wanted to do on a shared room for her two oldest daughters. Immediately I asked her if I could help – oh, do I LOVE to makeover kids’ rooms! She agreed, and we excitedly got to work planning the space. Let me show you how the room looks now, and what we have planned for it. Hopefully along the way you’ll get some ideas for a bedroom makeover for your own kids’ shared room!
Here’s what Ruby & Zoe’s room looks like now:
The walls are a really soft lavender colour, and the girls have requested that her room have some green in it instead.
Currently, the room has an older dark purple metal bunk bed that needs replacing, so we’re going to partner with The Brick to bring in a gorgeous new rustic wood bed that will set off the rustic glam theme of the bedroom.
We’ll keep the beautiful white wainscoting and reconfigure & reorganize the white bookcases. The window wall will be a fun feature wall with some gorgeous floral wallpaper.
The bedroom also needs a window treatment that’s both glamourous and practical – it needs to block out the light so the girls can sleep.
The design idea for this room is a fabulous mix of rustic and feminine. I absolutely adore this dark wooden bunk bed and dresser Alyssa picked out for her daughters because it’s a little unexpected. However, paired with flowers and pastels the room will still feel light, fresh and fun!
- Phoenix Walnut Twin Staircase Bunk Bed from The Brick
- Watercolor Flora Wallpaper from Anthropologie
- Sparta Mirror from The Brick
- Waverly 16″ x 16″ Chippendale Fretwork Mineral Outdoor Decorative Pillow from OnlineFabricStore.net
- OFS™ 16″ x 16″ Camden Aqua Feather Decorative Pillow from OnlineFabricStore.net
- Decorative Super Soft Plush Mongolian Faux Fur Throw Pillow Cover Cushion Case from Amazon
- Monarch Childrens Accent Chair in White from The Brick
- STUDIO DÉCOR® VIEWPOINT HERITAGE HOUSE ROUND MIRROR WITH ROPE HANGER from Michaels
- Lighting Bug Lamp from The Brick
- Tissue Paper Tassel Garland DIY Kits, Tan+Ivory+Metallic Gold from Amazon
- Printable Artwork by The DIY Mommy
- Phoenix Chest – Walnut from The Brick
Isn’t it all so pretty? I can’t wait to see how everything looks together in the bedroom.
Here’s what we have planned for this room over the course of the next several weeks:
- new wall paint
- a wallpaper feature wall
- a new, rustic bunk bed and dresser
- DIY bedding
- new blinds and drapes
- a bookshelf reconfigure/re-organization
- new door and trim
- new & vintage decor accents
- DIY artwork
Stay tuned as we share our progress with you! I sense we’ll have a few playdate / paint party days coming up soon!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by The Brick. As always, all of the opinions here are my own. I only recommend companies that I use and love myself.