TikTok used to be solely for silly dancing videos, but lately it's become a place to find inspiring DIY, home decor and home hacks content. These 10 home hacks from TikTok are easy, and a must-try!
When TikTok (a music-driven short form video social app) arrived on the scene last year, I thought it was amusing, but didn't love it. My tweenager thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread, but there were too many Gen Zers on there for me! Recently, it's become more popular for over 30s. There have been more videos for people like me who love DIY, home decor and home hacks.
I've found some pretty amazing home-related tips & tricks on TikTok, and I thought I'd share my absolute favourites here with you today. Watch my YouTube video below to see them all, and I'll list them and link to the original inspiration.
Watch all these 10 home hacks from TikTok in my YouTube video below:
Table of contents
- Follow me on TikTok by clicking here.
- Watch all these 10 home hacks from TikTok in my YouTube video below:
- Curtain hack: https://vm.tiktok.com/JRP4KeF/
- Flower hack: https://vm.tiktok.com/JRPcp8R/
- Fan hack: https://vm.tiktok.com/JRPgnUg/
- Candle hack: https://vm.tiktok.com/JRPKrwp/
- Level hack: https://vm.tiktok.com/JRPThby/
- Microwave hack: https://vm.tiktok.com/JRPqB4D/
- Colainder hack: https://vm.tiktok.com/JRPsPvM/
- Toilet paper hack: https://vm.tiktok.com/JRPpw91/
- Towel hack: https://vm.tiktok.com/JRPgtC2/
- Sticker removal hack: https://vm.tiktok.com/JRPCNtS/
- More cleaning & organization hacks:
Curtain hack: https://vm.tiktok.com/JRP4KeF/
Use cut toilet paper rolls in between your drape's tabs to make your curtains look more full. Save your rolls, and then cut them in half. Place one between each tab of your curtains before hanging them on the curtain rod.
Flower hack: https://vm.tiktok.com/JRPcp8R/
Create a grid with Scotch tape on the top of your vase to help your flowers have a more even look. Place 3 strips of tape horizontally over the top of your vase, and then place 3 strips vertically. Now you can arrange flower stems in the holes you've created for a fuller arrangement.
Fan hack: https://vm.tiktok.com/JRPgnUg/
Use a pillow case to dust fan blades so that the dust doesn't fall on your furniture or floor. After cleaning, you can simply toss the pillowcase in the wash.
Candle hack: https://vm.tiktok.com/JRPKrwp/
Wrap some tinfoil around a candle that's tunneled, light it up, and the sides will melt away & even out. This can take some time, but it's worth it to save a candle!
Level hack: https://vm.tiktok.com/JRPThby/
Download a level app on your phone to make sure your DIYs are straight & even on the go. This is one of my favourite home hacks for making sure my art hangs perfectly. This app is called "Bubble Level" for Android, but there is also a built-in level app on iPhone.
Microwave hack: https://vm.tiktok.com/JRPqB4D/
Have a gross & dirty microwave like this? Place a measuring cup full of water and dish detergent inside, put the microwave on for a couple of minutes, and leave it closed for an additional minute. Now, you can easily wipe away any stuck-on grease and grime.
Colainder hack: https://vm.tiktok.com/JRPsPvM/
Instead of pouring your pasta into a colander in the sink, try placing the colander inside the pot first and then pouring the liquid out that way. This home hack blew me away with its simplicity!
Toilet paper hack: https://vm.tiktok.com/JRPpw91/
Make your toilet paper look extra fancy in your guest bathroom by folding its edges, stamping it with the bottom of your faucet, and stacking it on your shelf.
Towel hack: https://vm.tiktok.com/JRPgtC2/
Folding your towels this way looks better: fold them in half horizontally, then in half again, and then fold them into thirds before stacking. This method created a neat little package that looks lovely stacked on a shelf.
Sticker removal hack: https://vm.tiktok.com/JRPCNtS/
Use eucalyptus essential oil to easily remove sticker residue on jars and bottles. Wash the jar with soap and water afterwards and it'll look like new! You can also try other oils like olive oil or even vegetable oil for this hack.
I hope you enjoyed these easy home hacks I found on TikTok! Which one was your favourite?
More cleaning & organization hacks:
- Closet Design Ideas: Functional & Affordable!
- 10 Easy, Budget Friendly Cleaning Tricks That Actually Work
- Small Bathroom Remodel Ideas For A Gorgeous Space
- How to Clean and Organize Your Fridge for Easy Maintenance
- Before and After: A Kitchen Pantry gets an organized DIY Makeover!
- Laundry Room Makeover Ideas: Easy & Affordable
- 10 Best Spring Cleaning Hacks that actually work
- How I Organize My Entryway - Ideas for Quick & Easy Organization