Valentine's Day is one of my favourite holidays to spend with my girls! We love making sweet Valentine's crafts, baking and giving little gifts to our friends. This year, Little C and I thought it would be fun to give one of our favourite treats - Kinder Surprise eggs - to our friends as Valentines. I made a fun "love bug" printable to dress up the eggs for V-day:
Would you & your kiddos like to make some too? Here's the free printable and directions! (With all that was in me, I resisted a typical V-day pun for this project, and went for something a little different. Ever since I saw this tutorial, I've been hooked on making gift bags from cardstock or scrapbook paper!)
Click on the image above to open a PDF of this free Love Bug printable Kinder Surprise egg wrapper and Valentine's Day treat bag.
- Print out the artwork on cardstock paper (or send it to your local print shop) & cut the wrapper and bag out. You'll also need some ribbon or string and clear tape.
- Turn the bag piece over and fold each side to the middle, as shown. Tape the sides together.
- Fold up the bottom of the bag about 2 ½" from the bottom.
- Open up the bottom fold, as shown, and then press each side down to make two triangle shapes.
- Fold the top and bottom pieces down towards the center, as in the picture, and tape to secure.
- Fold the bottom down, then fold each side in as shown.
- Open up the bag to make its shape.
- Wrap a Kinder Surprise egg with the Love Bug wrapper, securing the back with tape.
- Tape a piece of ribbon to the two inner sides of the bag to make a handle.
Pop your Love Bug in your treat bag, and your ready to give a cute Valentine away to a friend! My 5 year old Little C "test drove" one and agreed it was a fun & surprising Valentine treat. Hooray!
In addition to having them on hand for V-day surprises, now's a great time to grab some Kinder Surprise eggs because Kinder® Crack’n Win® is on now! There are over $2.4 million in instant prizes to be won and entering couldn’t be easier. Inside each specially-marked Kinder® Surprise® egg (classic or Pink), you will find a PIN embossed on the toy and/or toy leaflet within the capsule. Once you’ve found your code, entering the contest is super-duper easy. Simply visit the Kinder® Canada Facebook Page, enter your PIN code (along with some additional information as required) and click “Check Your PIN”. One lucky Kinder® fan could drive away in a Fiat 500 POP! As well, 2 lucky Kinder® fans could win a family trip to Orlando! 27,000 Kinder® fans could win a family night out to the movies, and 201,000 fans could win a free Kinder® treat! Good luck, fellow Kinder Surprise egg addicts!
Disclosure: I’m part of the Kinder® Mom program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.