It's hard for me to take in, but my Little C is going to Grade 1 in September. That means she'll go to school every weekday. Oh, I'm going to miss this girl! She's so excited - she can't wait to ride the bus every day and see her friends more. She's already counting down the days. Recently, we've started shopping for her back-to-school wardrobe. The other day I asked Little C what kinds of clothes she wanted to wear to grade one. "Clothes that no one else is wearing!" she said. My breath caught in my throat - this girlie is just like me! I distinctly remember having exactly the same attitude about my wardrobe when I was in school. It made me smile and nod with mama pride!
When I found out that there was a Marshalls in Edmonton, I knew it would be the perfect place to find just the unique clothes that Little C wanted for a price I'd be happy with. I absolutely love a store that features designer clothes and footwear for great deals! My girls and I took a special trip to The Big City to find Little C's back-to-school wardrobe at Marshalls, and we found the cutest deals! Let me share them with you along with some tips on how to survive back-to-school clothes shopping. Now I'm definitely a back-to-school newbie mom, but I've already learned so much since Little C started kindergarten last year. Also, I have THE BEST friends and blog readers who have given me wonderful ideas on how to make back-to-school shopping go so much smoother. Here are some tips on how to survive back-to-school clothes shopping:
- Go through your child's current wardrobe and make a list of what they need. I noticed that Little C already had a good selection of short sleeved T's, so comfy pants and long sleeved shirts were what we were after.
- Choose one or two stores that you like best and limit your shopping to those. I like choosing places that have good quality designer clothing for great prices - along with a large selection - like Marshalls does.
- Make the shopping trip a special event. Planning the clothes shopping trip in advance and getting excited about it with your child makes them feel so celebrated - and it's just plain fun!
- Choose your favourite three items, and then let your child choose their favourite from your picks. This way you still have basic control over what you think will work best for them, but they have their say. (Thanks for this idea, Stephanie!)
- Pick items that have a similar colour scheme so that it's easy to mix and match. Little C and I chose lots of navy and turquoise clothes that all look great together.
Little C simply loved her special back-to-school clothes shopping day, and we found the cutest deals! She's been really into all things French lately after watching a couple of cartoons set in Paris, and we were able to find some adorable clothes that were French inspired and perfect for grade one. One of my favourite pieces is the striped dress in the center - isn't it so Parisian? And at $16.99 (versus up to $32 elsewhere), it was an obvious choice. We also purchased a couple of wardrobe basics - like black stretch pants and brand-name jeggings - that every French girl should have in her arsenal. I was really impressed with the selection of shoes that Marshalls carried! We found these brand-name sneakers that Little C tried on and immediately announced that they "would not give [her] a blister!" for a fraction of what they'd cost elsewhere. Little C's new French inspired back-to-school wardrobe is now inspiring ME! I think I need an upgrade, so I might sneak off to Marshalls on my own soon for some "tres chic" new pieces for Fall. You can follow Marshalls on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Want your own chance to have a Marshalls Canada shopping spree? To enter for a chance to win a $100 Marshalls gift card, leave a comment below letting me know: What Back to School style are your kids looking for this year?
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to legal residents of Canada (other than Quebec) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older and located in Canada (other than Quebec) at the time of entry are eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 8/11/2015 – 9/6/2015