2015 is drawing to a close and what a year it’s been. Today I’m sharing with you your most favourite posts from my blog this year (according to their page views), but first I wanted to confess something.
I’m not a real DIYer.
You read that right. I don’t really do it all myself.
This year more than ever I’ve realized how incredibly blessed I am to be surrounded by a community of people that help me do what I do. You see, there’s NO WAY that I could be a mom, work on projects, write a blog, enter contests, help my hubby with his business, volunteer at church, etc. etc. all on my own.
I want to finish off this year by shouting from the rooftops that I am GRATEFUL. I’m grateful for my parents that help watch the kids weekly so that I can work and rest. I’m thankful for a husband that supports my endeavors. I’m thankful for friends that encourage me and spend time with me. The older I get and the more “successful” at blogging I become, the more I realize that I am not a real DIYer. I’m more of a DIMWATOHer (do-it-myself-with-a-ton-of-help-er).
If you are feeling burdened or at the end of your rope, or even if you think you can truly do-it-all-yourself, take a moment and reach out to a family member or a friend to find the help and support you need. Or better yet, be that help and support to one of your friends or family members. I think every one of us can find strength in numbers.
With all that being said, here are the most read posts here on my blog this year. Thank you to my friends and family for supporting my blog this year, and than YOU, my readers, for reading all of these posts!
- Easy No-Sew Plaid Blanket Scarf
- Our DIY House: 2015 Home Tour
- A Vintage Inspired Red & Aqua Laundry Room
- Make an Arm Knit Scarf
- A Counter Top Phone Charging Station and Tablet Holder from a Picture Frame
- Faux Cowhide Rug for Under $50
- DIY Fabric Roses or Peony Flowers Video Tutorial
- A Gift in a Tin: Mom’s Day Off Gift in a Tin
- I Have Loved You Free Printable
- A Gift in a Tin: Family Game Night in a Tin
- No-Sew Blanket Scarf Video
- A Canadian Prairie Christmas: Our 2015 Christmas Home Tour
Most Visited Post This Year:
A Gift in a Tin: Christmas Baking Kit Gift (492,855 views in 2015)
(This one is the gift that keeps on giving – it’s reached over a million Pins on Pinterest this year!!)
This year was a big one for my professional blogging life. The highlights?
- Starting my YouTube channel
- Having my laundry room featured in Good Housekeeping
- Winning the Western Canada’s Next Home Stylist Competition
- Starting an exciting contract with Weight Watchers
- Having my scarf shrug video go viral-ish on Good Housekeeping’s Facebook page
- Having my chalkboard art go viral-ish on Country Living’s Facebook page
- Starting an exciting contract with The Brick
And let me say again: I couldn’t have done any of that stuff without the strength I found in my family, my friends and God, so THANK YOU ALL.
A lot of things have happened in my personal life this year too (WOW this year was so much better than last year all around), but I will share some of those things with you in a later post.
I’m looking forward to sharing 2016 with all of you; I can’t wait to see what it brings! If I’m on the ball, I’ll write about my 2016 aspirations here soon.
Merry belated Christmas to all of you, and I wish you all an incredible 2016!