Learn how to make a DIY pillow from cloth napkins – no sewing required! Want to update your home decor for Spring on a budget? This simple DIY pillow tutorial is for you.
If you’d rather not sew, this DIY pillow tutorial is the perfect way to make a new throw pillow for your home decor this season. It uses hemmed cloth napkins and fabric glue, and it only takes about 15 minutes to create (minus the glue drying time)!
This post contains affiliate links. When you purchase an item via these links, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
For my pillows, I used some floral cloth napkins from Simons last year so that I could create these with supplies I already had on hand. You could use any cloth napkins for this project as long as their the same measurement as your pillow form. Click here to see a set from Amazon that I really love! My napkins were 20″ x 20″ and so were my pillow forms from Ikea.
The star of the show for this DIY is this Fabri-Tac fabric glue. I was given some at the Altitude Summit conference earlier this month and am so pleased with how well it works! It’s a great substitute for sewing if you’d rather not pull out the machine.
Watch my video below to learn how to make these DIY no sew pillows from napkins, or follow the written instructions below:
- 2 20" x 20" cloth napkins, pre-washed
- 1 20" x 20" down or polyfill pillow form
- Fabri-Tac fabric glue
- large paper clips
- Pre-wash the cloth napkins.
- Cut any tags off the napkins.
- Place the napkins on top of each other, wrong sides together. Ensure any patterns on the napkins are going in the same direction.
- Put a small bead of Fabri-Tac glue down one of the sides of the hem of one napkin. Press the same hem from the other napkin onto the first hem, lining up the corners and centers to adhere them together.
- Repeat Step 4 with two more sides of the napkins, leaving one side of the napkins open.
- Let the glue dry for at least 1 hour.
- Roll up the pillow form, and gently stuff it inside the pillow cover you've created.
- Use Fabri-Tac to glue the remaining side of the napkins together, and secure them together with large paper clips while the glue dries.
- Wait for the glue to dry for one more hour before using the pillow.
- You can wash the full pillow in the washing machine and lay it flat to dry.