Do you have a lot of small fabric scraps that you don't want to throw away? Turning them into beautiful, twisted rope is a fun DIY, and you can use the twine to make a boho-inspired flower pot for Spring! Let me show you how.
Happy Earth Day! I've been very excited about upcycling and recycling DIY projects this year, and I'm always looking for ways to use all of my material scraps. This plant pot is a lot of fun to make, and a great use for even the tiniest of fabric scraps!
This DIY fabric scrap plant pot project starts with the creation of fabric scrap twine. You can make this with small strips of fabric, and use multiple colours and patterns for a boho-inspired look.
How to make DIY fabric scrap twine:
- Cut scrap cotton fabric into 1" strips (I cut a slit at the beginning and then rip the rest of the way!)
- Take two strips of fabric and knot them together
- Twist each strip individually, and then twist them together to form a strong, twisted rope
- Continue until you create a long piece of twine
- You can add more strips of fabric as you go by placing strips on top of each other and twisting them together
Watch this video to see how to make DIY fabric scrap twine:
Here's how to make this simple fabric twine flower pot:
- Start with a plain flower pot from your stash
- Wrap some DIY fabric scrap around it in a spiral pattern, tacking it down with hot glue
- Tuck in the beginnings and ends of the fabric twine
It's so simple, but so cute and colourful for Spring!
This DIY fabric scrap twine flower pot is simple to make, and it would be a lovely gift paired with a plant, or a wonderful way to decorate your home with some colour.