There's nothing quite like a steaming hot latte on a crisp Fall morning, am I right? I've recently started a plan to cut out all white sugar and white flour from my diet - basically the processed stuff. I LOVE my coffees in the morning, and I especially love lattes. Last week, I discovered a way to make a delicious, festive tasting latte with all natural ingredients (maple syrup, pure vanilla and milk) and it's so good! I've been drinking a DIY vanilla maple latte every day now, and it's such a treat. (Scroll down to the bottom of this post for more delicious drink ideas from my Canadian blogging friends!)
I use simple tools like my Keurig, my microwave and my handheld battery-powered milk whisk. I swear, this drink tastes just as good as one you'd find at a coffee shop and it's a lot less expensive!
Imagine enjoying this lovely little latte as part of breakfast in bed along with a batch of freshly made apple maple oat muffins? I did.
And then I woke up from my dream and remembered that I have three lovely (but crazy-busy) little girlies that I'm chasing around the house! Maybe one day I'll be able to enjoy breakfast in bed with books again. (However, I am enjoying the gorgeous linen duvet that Taylor Linens sent me to try - it's so luxurious and beautiful.)
Here's how I made my Vanilla Maple Latte:
- In a mason jar (or another glass container), mix one part water with one part pure maple syrup. Add pure vanilla extract to taste. I mix 1 cup water with 1 cup syrup and add 2 tsp vanilla. Bonus: You can store this syrup in the fridge and use it later!
- Brew a nice strong ½ coffee cup of espresso. I use my Keurig 2.0.
- In a measuring cup or another glass container, pour in ½ cup milk. Add some of the DIY vanilla maple syrup to taste (I usually use about a tablespoon's worth). Mix and microwave for a minute.
- Whisk the milk with a handheld battery operated milk whisk.
- Pour the milk into the coffee, retaining the foam with a spoon. Spoon the remaining foam on top and enjoy!
Ready for more yummy drink ideas from my fellow blogging friends?