These simple DIY Spring place card holders feature faux lavender sprigs and moss in adorable little metal buckets. They’re also affordable to make since all of the supplies come from the dollar store!
This post is one of 26 DIY ideas for Spring for the Seasonal Simplicity blog hop hosted by The Happy Housie today! Make sure to check out all of the other ideas at the bottom of this blog post.
These DIY dollar store place setting holders would be the perfect addition to your Spring or Easter table setting this year. When I found these mini metal buckets and faux lavender sprigs at Dollar Tree, I knew they’d come together to make a beautiful DIY!
To make these place setting holders, grab these items from Dollar Tree:
- mini white metal buckets
- floral foam block
- sheet moss
- faux lavender
- paper clips
- 12 x 12″ sheet of scrapbook paper in your colour of choice
You’ll also need a:
- pair of scissors
- permanent marker
- pair of wire cutters
- Cut the floral foam into small squares that fit inside the metal buckets.
- Place on piece of floral foam in a metal bucket, and cover the foam with a piece of the sheet moss.
- Cut 2 small pieces off of the lavender sprig and insert them into the floral foam.
- Pull one paper clip open, leaving a hook at the top.
- Cut the paper into 3 x 1″ pieces, and write your dinner guests’ names on them with a permanent marker.
- Slide the name tags into the hook of the paper clip, pinching the hook tighter if necessary.
- Insert the pointed end of the paper clip into the floral foam.
Watch my YouTube video below for the step-by-step tutorial for these and 3 more simple dollar store DIY projects for Spring:
And today I’m joined by a fabulous group of blogging friends who are also sharing their Spring DIY Projects as part of the Seasonal Simplicity Spring Series. You’re going to love all this Springy inspiration…