Tacos are one of our favourite family dinners - they're so quick and easy to make with a ton of variations! Today I'm sharing five ways to make easy tacos with free printable recipes for each version.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Old El Paso. As always, all of the opinions here are my own.
We love to have dinner together as a family every night, and one the dishes we have weekly without fail is tacos. They're so easy to make, I can load them up with veggies, and everyone in our family loves them! I'm sharing some simple taco recipes with you today that are delicious but still so simple to make. I hope they'll tempt you to have tacos more often, even if your schedule is jam packed like ours!
With a variety of easy variations from ground beef tacos to all-in-one chicken fajitas to simple fish tacos, I hope you find some that your family enjoys from the recipes I'm sharing with you.
Watch my YouTube video to see how to make these 5 easy tacos, and then get the printable recipes below:
Let's get to the recipes!
Grilled Steak Tacos
Grilled steak tacos that are so simple to make with leftovers.
- leftover grilled steak, sliced
- Old El Paso Stand'n Stuff Kit
- toppings as desired (lettuce, shredded cheese, chopped tomato etc.)
- Cut leftover grilled steak into thin slices and heat if desired.
- Fill Old El Paso Stand'n Stuff shells with steak and desired toppings like lettuce, shredded cheese, chopped tomato etc.
All-In-One Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
Cooking all of the vegetable and the chicken in a slow cooker for these fajitas makes them extra simple to prepare.
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 red onion
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles
- Old El Paso Fajita Dinner Kit
- Chop bell peppers and onions and place half in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Top with half of the green chiles.
- Lay the chicken breast on top of the vegetables, and sprinkle with the fajita seasoning from the Old El Paso Fajita Dinner Kit.
- Place the remaining peppers, onions and chiles on top of the chicken.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is done and tender.
- Remove chicken breast and shred with two forks.
- Remove peppers and onions with a slotted spoon.
- Create fajitas by arranging the shredded chicken and vegetables on a tortilla from the Kit and topping with any desired extras like Old El Paso Salsa.
Ground Beef Taco Salad Bowls
Tortilla bowls make these mini taco salads adorable and easy to prepare.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- Old El Paso Tortilla Bowls
- Desired toppings (lettuce, tomato, avocado etc)
- Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix
- Old El Paso Salsa
- Cook ground beef in a pan until it is browned and cooked through.
- Follow directions on Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix to add the seasoning to the ground beef.
- To create taco bowls, placed desired toppings and the seasoned beef into the tortilla bowls.
Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
Cooking pork roast with spices in a slow cooker makes for a delicious and flavourful taco filling!
- Old El Paso Hard Taco Dinner Kit
- pork roast
- 1 medium red onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- juice of one lime
- favorite taco toppings (romaine lettuce, tomato, onion etc.)
- Old El Paso Medium Salsa
- Season pork roast by rubbing the taco seasoning from the Old El Paso Hard Taco Dinner kit on all sides.
- Chop the onion into quarters,chop the garlic, and put the onion, garlic and lime juice in a slow cooker.
- Place the pork roast on top.
- Cook for 5 hours on high heat.
- Once cooked through, shred the pork with two forks or cut it into strips with a knife.
- Serve pork in a hard taco shell and top with favourite toppings and Old El Paso salsa.
Easiest Fish Tacos
Use a couple simple hacks to make the easiest fish tacos ever!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- pre-made coleslaw mix
- frozen breaded cod (or other white fish)
- Old El Paso Soft Tortillas
- Cook frozen breaded fish as per the directions.
- Make homemade coleslaw dressing by combining the mayonnaise, lime juice, red wine vinegar, sugar, salt & pepper in a small bowl.
- Mix the dressing into the pre-made coleslaw.
- Once fish is finished cooking, serve the fish on the Old El Paso Soft Tortillas on a bed of the coleslaw. Add extra lime juice if desired.
I hope you enjoy these 5 easy taco recipes! I think my personal favourite is the easy fish tacos, but my kids all agree that they love the ground beef bowls followed by the chicken fajitas the best.
Now tell me: Which version would YOUR family like the most?
MMMM Tacos are now for dinner here... Thanks!
Tacos are my favorite! Can't wait to try this! Here's a recipe I think you might like: Thai Style Coconut Chicken
Our family would love any and all of these amazing Taco's! Hope you are having a great week. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday and come back to see us real soon!