Fall is a time of renewal and jumping back into routine, schedule, and a full family calendar. It's also a great time to give your home a thorough cleaning as you prepare for the winter months. As much as I groan at the thought of cleaning, I know that I am so much more productive when I'm able to give my house a once-over, and that our family is able to function better when our home is more organized. If you're like me and need a checklist to help you get motivated to give your home a good cleaning for Fall, here's a Fall cleaning & organizing list and free printable for you!
Giving your home a good clean and organization session this Fall will help give you peace of mind as the winter season approaches. Another way to enjoy peace of mind this season is to ensure you have reliable protection for your home through home insurance. Our homes are our safe havens, but if accidents do occur a home insurance policy from Esurance will help protect you. You can even get a fast, free home insurance quote online while you're working away at this Fall cleaning checklist!
During the busy Fall season we’re also looking for ways to help us save money on our home expenses. Reviewing your home insurance policy is a great place to start. With Esurance, an online insurance option for Albertans, there are discounts available including The Home Safety Features discount! It rewards you with savings when you own safety devices like burglar alarms and smoke detectors. With these savings on your insurance policy, you’ll be able to save up for more organizing essentials for your home.
Here's a thorough home cleaning & organizing list to get you started this season, and you'll find a free printable version of this list below.
- wash interior windows
- vacuum drapes & blinds
- clean walls
- wipe light fixtures
- vacuum & spot clean upholstered furniture
- wipe cupboards
- clean under, behind and inside appliances
- deep clean carpets
- clean & turn mattresses
- test smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
- replace furnace filter
- clean chimney
- check weather stripping
- clean gutters
- clean & store outdoor furniture
- tidy yard
- wash exterior windows
- drain & store garden hoses
- check & clean outdoor lights
- check your insurance policy to make sure your plan is still right for you and your family’s needs (get a fast, free home insurance quote online from Esurance here)
- organize clothes closets
- swap & store non-seasonal clothes
- perform maintenance on computer
- update family binder or filing cabinet (get my free family binder printables here!)
- purge and organize kitchen cabinets
Download & print this Fall cleaning & organizing checklist as a free PDF!
(Simply click on the image below or click here.)
Happy Fall cleaning!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Esurance. As always, all of the opinions here are my own.