Download some free, Nordic inspired Christmas gift tags for your presents this year, and learn how to make a DIY soy candle gift in a festive dollar store tin!
I love sharing free printable Christmas gift tags here with you each year, and I have to admit that these ones are my new favourites!
These festive gift tags feature Nordic inspired images like socks, a tea kettle and sweet reindeer slippers, and they also have the perfect messages on them for handmade gifts.
Click right here or on the image below to jump to a high resolution JPG file of these gift tags that you can print at home:
To accompany these tags, I decided to make some homemade soy candles with essential oils for our teachers this year. I was inspired by some festive candles in Christmas cookie tins I had seen at Anthropologie, and thought it would be fun to make a more affordable option.
Here's how to make these DIY soy wax candles in Christmas Tins:
- Small Christmas Tin (I found mine at Dollarama)
- Soy wax flakes (double the amount that you want in your tin)
- 40-50 drops essential oil
- Candle wick
- Tag, string & faux greenery sprig for wrapping
- Double boiler OR small saucepan & heatproof glass or metal jug
- Spoon to mix wax
- Measure out soy wax flakes for your tin container - you'll need 2x the amount of wax as you container's volume
- Place the wax into your double boiler or heat-proof container in a boiling saucepan of water and melt it completely.
- While wax is melting, place a wick in the center of your tin container. You can fix it to the bottom with a dab of hot glue, or let it hang.
- Wrap the top of the wick around a skewer or metal straw, and place the skewer or straw over the top of the container to keep the wick in place and out of the wax.
- Once the wax is melted, take it off the burner, and put 40-50 drops of your favourite essential oil into the wax. Mix.
- Pour the scented wax into the tin container.
- Let the wax cool for 12 -24 hours.
- Once the wax has hardened completely, trim the wick and decorate the tin with string, a tag and a sprig of faux greenery.
This was such a fun craft to do with my girls (they helped put the essential oils in and decorate the finished gifts), and we're excited to give them to teachers soon.
Watch my YouTube video below to see how to make these DIY soy wax candles in Christmas tins plus more last-minute Holiday gift ideas: