Learn how to make iced coffee at home with this simple DIY recipe! This easy method includes all natural ingredients and it tastes delicious.
I love having an iced latte in the summer - it's the perfect afternoon caffeine pick-me-up! To save money, I like to make my iced coffees at home. They're actually very easy to make, and my version uses all natural ingredients.
Let's make this easy iced coffee recipe!
To start, brew two shots of espresso into a small mason jar. You can use an espresso machine with fresh coffee beans or a Nespresso with your favourite pod. You can even mix 1 Tbsp of instant coffee with ¼ cup of hot water for a similar taste without a machine. Alternatively, you could also use ¼ cup of strong brewed coffee.
Next, pour the espresso into a glass and let it cool to room temperature. If you don't have time for this, it's not a make-or-break situation! You can still make this with hot coffee. For cold espresso that's ready to go, keep some brewed espresso in a jar in the fridge to make iced coffees all week long!
Now it's time to sweeten the espresso. Add about 1 tsp maple syrup (or your sweetener of choice) to the espresso. I like adding maple syrup because I love the taste, and it's a natural ingredient. Alternatively, you could use your favourite simple syrup or sugar.
Next, it's time for some ice! Fill the glass about ⅔ full with ice cubes. Want a stronger espresso taste? Freeze espresso in ice cube trays in advance and use these coffee ice cubes instead.
Now, fill the glass with your choice of milk. I either use dairy milk, almond milk, or oat milk, depending on how I'm feeling. Both taste great! You could also use cream if you're feeling decadent.
Milk drizzling down through the ice and espresso is one of my favourite things. YUM!
Finally, add a straw to your glass, give your drink a stir, and enjoy! This is truly the perfect drink for a hot summer's day.
- Make an iced vanilla latte by adding ½ tsp vanilla extract to the espresso
- Create an iced mocha latte by using chocolate milk, or by adding some chocolate syrup to the espresso
- For a cinnamon latte, foam the milk before adding and sprinkle some cinnamon on top
- Make a coconut latte by using coconut milk
Printable Homemade Iced Coffee Recipe
- 2 shots espresso
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ⅔ cup ice
- ⅔ cup milk (any kind)
- Brew two shots of espresso with an espresso machine or Nespresso. (Alternatively, you can mix 1 Tbsp instant coffee with ¼ cup hot water.)
- Pour the espresso in a large glass and let cool.
- Add the maple syrup to the espresso.
- Pour the ice into the glass with the espresso.
- Pour the milk into the glass. Stir with a straw and enjoy!
More easy recipes you'll love:
- How to make a Jarcuterie (a single-serve charcuterie)
- The Best Camping Food Ideas - How To Eat Well While Camping
- Easy Summer Recipes You Have To Try
- How to make Easy Very Berry Pie
- 10 Romantic DIY Valentine Gifts On A Budget
- How to Make Easy, Mild Gingerbread Cookies (no molasses!)
- Easy Spiced Apple Gin Cocktail - only 3 ingredients!
- The Best Poppyseed Cake
- How to Dry Orange Slices for Easy Holiday Decorating
- How to make Pumpkin Pie from Scratch (with Step by Step Instructions)
- Best Simmer Pot Recipes to make your home smell incredible!
- Make a Canada Day S'mores Caddy