Learn how to make your bed comfortable for the most luxurious sleep ever with my favorite bed making tricks! I'm sharing the mattress, mattress topper, duvet, pillow arrangement and everything I use to create and style a comfy bed.
A good night's sleep is truly important to our overall health, and I've definitely learned that this past year. Taking the time to learn how to make your bed comfortable and your room a peaceful space to sleep in is definitely worthwhile!
I've experimented many times over the last decade or so with how I make our bed and decorate our main bedroom. The following products and tricks have been my favourites over the years to help me and my husband have a restful night's sleep every time.
LISTEN TO TODAY'S PODCAST to learn how to make your bed comfortable:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY PODCAST:
Watch the video below to learn how to create the ultimate comfortable bed for a restful sleep:
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. When you purchase an item via these links, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Here are my favourite products to use for the ultimate, luxurious bed:
- fluffy mattress topper
- Hearth & Hand linen blend sheet set OR
- Magic Linen 100% linen sheet set (I also have this one and LOVE it!)
- down blend comforter
- 100% linen duvet cover (The one shown in my photos is the Taylor Linens Hampton duvet cover from years ago, but it is no longer in stock. I also have a Magic Linen duvet cover and highly recommend it.)
- Ruffled duvet & euro covers are from Anthropologie, but now discontinued. These are similar.
My best tricks to make your bed comfortable:
- invest in a high-quality mattress
- add a fluffy mattress topper for that luxurious, hotel bed feeling
- use natural fibers like cotton and linen for your sheeting
- stack sleeping pillows behind decorative pillows for a polished look
- consider keeping your bedding white in colour so that it can be easily bleached for the ultimate clean look
- add restful ambiance to your bedroom with twinkle lights and and essential oils diffuser
I'm so glad I spent the time to find the best way to make our bed feel cozy and comfortable. The blessing of a peaceful retreat at the end of the day is so wonderful!
(Want to see all the decor details of our primary bedroom? Check out the room makeover from a few years ago right here!)
This post was first published January 2021 and has since been updated.
Excellent blog you’ve got here.. It’s hard to find good quality writing like yours nowadays.
I seriously appreciate people like you! Thank you
Some of the links don't work. I am especially interested in the duvet cover but got a Page Cannot Be Found from Taylor Linens.
Thank you for sharing this particular post. Can you tell me where you purchased the curtains and rods? It's hard to find curtains long enough, and the look you have there would be perfect for my bedroom. I'd appreciate any help you can provide, and again, thank you for sharing, and helping others feel welcome in your community of blogging etc.
The DIY Mommy
I have had the rods for quite a while, I believe they are from IKEA. I DIY most of my curtains. You may find this tutorial helpful https://thediymommy.com/sew-diy-grommet-topped-drapes-tutorial/