Learn how to setup a Cricut for the first time, plus get 3 easy beginner project ideas to get started with the machine!
I'm obsessed with all things Cricut, and I use the machine a lot while I craft to create unique home decor items and gifts.
What's a Cricut, you ask?
This post contains affiliate links. When you purchase an item via these links, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
In today's post & video, I'm unboxing a Cricut Explore Air 2 and showing you how to set it up for first time use. In the video, there are also 3 projects you can make that are perfect for beginner Cricut users!
How to setup a Cricut Explore Air 2
Setting up a Cricut is quite straight forward, and the setup for an Explore Air 2 is very similar to that of a Maker or Joy.
To begin with Cricut, you will need:
- your Cricut and everything in the box it comes in
- an internet connection
- a desktop computer, laptop computer, tablet or smart phone
Watch my YouTube video below for a step-by-step tutorial on how to get started with your new Cricut machine:
Disclosure: The embedded YouTube video was sponsored by Cricut.
Here's a breakdown of the Cricut setup steps:
- Unbox your machine
- Plug in your Cricut machine
- Go to cricut.com/setup on your desktop, laptop or tablet OR download the Cricut smartphone app and tap the upper left corner to see the machine setup option
- If using the Cricut setup website, follow the prompts to download Cricut Design Space onto your computer
- Follow the prompts to connect your Cricut machine to your computer or smart phone
- You can connect the machine with the included cable, or connect via bluetooth (my preference)
- For connecting by bluetooth, click here for Cricut's step-by-step guide
- You're ready to make a test cut with the machine!
My video shares a few different projects that I'd recommend starting with, but you can find all of my Cricut tutorials and project ideas right here.
Have fun using your Cricut!