A beautiful DIY Christmas charcuterie board is the perfect holiday appetizer to serve your family and guests this Christmas season! Come get the instructions for making one in red and green festive colours.
This blog post is part of a Christmas charcuterie blog hop I'm joining today. Make sure to visit all of the links at the bottom of this post for more beautiful charcuterie platters you can make this season!
I think charcuterie boards like this (essentially a big platter filled with meats, cheeses, and anything that goes with them) is my favourite party food of all time. I love experimenting with (and eating!) new kinds of meats and cheeses to go on my platter, and they're so fun to arrange. Choose a large wooden cutting board, some small bowls, cheese knives, and get to work!
Preparing a charcuterie board reminds me of decorating, and that might be why I love making them so much! You can put a beautiful platter together with a mix of colours, textures and shapes - just like you would a room.
This particular charcuterie board is Christmas themed with all its red and green elements, and classic Christmas flavors like pomegranate, cranberry, and nuts. Perfect for your holiday party! I found everything for this platter at Costco, which is my favourite place to buy interesting foods for party platters. Add olives or tweak the ingredients however you want to make this platter right for you. The meats and cheeses usually come in large packs, but they last so long that you can make 2 or 3 boards over the season!
Here's how I made this red & green Christmas charcuterie board:
A beautiful charcuterie board is the perfect appetizer or snack to serve to your family and guests this Christmas season! Come learn how to make one in festive colours of red and green.
- 3-4 varieties of hard & soft cheese like cheddar, goat cheese, brie, colby, pepper jack, etc.
- 3-4 varieties of charcuterie meats like salami, pepperoni, & prosciutto
- 2-3 varieties of crackers
- 2-3 varieties of fruits like kiwi & green grapes
- 2-3 varieties of red fruits like raspberries & pomegranate seeds
- 1-2 varieties of nuts like walnuts & almonds
- 2 figs
- red pepper jelly (or a variety of jam if sweet dips are more your thing)
- dill (for a garnish)
- large serving platter
- serving utensils
- Wash and dry all fruits and herbs.
- Arrange the cheese evenly on the platter, then arrange the meats around the cheeses.
- Arrange the crackers in stacks or rows around the other items.
- Add the green fruits and red fruits in small piles.
- Sprinkle the nuts in small piles around the platter.
- Cut the figs into 4 slices and arrange on one or two of the cheeses.
- Drizzle honey on one or two of the cheeses, and spoon red pepper jelly on another.
- Tuck fresh sprigs of rosemary and dill into the spaces on the platter.
- Arrange serving utensils on platter.
More of My Charcuterie Board Ideas
Make a Mediterranean Summer Charcuterie Board with 2 Ingredient Flatbread
Charcuterie boards like this are a beautiful looking appetizer when hosting guests at any time of the year. They're so colourful, and there are a variety of items for all tastes. For this one, I chose a Mediterranean theme because I LOVE anything Mediterranean. Gimme all the olives, grapes, and prosciutto, please!
How to make a Jarcuterie (A Single Serve Charcuterie)
If you are looking for a fun, individual-sized twist on the traditional charcuterie board, look no further than here for this unique appetizer idea. A jarcuterie is a single-serve charcuterie option that's easy to make and oh-so-cute!
Now, come get some more savory and sweet Christmas charcuterie recipe ideas from my blogging friends!
Click on the links below to visit each post.
Christmas Dessert from Happy Happy Nester // Red & Green Christmas Charcuterie Board from The DIY Mommy // Cookie Chocolate Dessert Charcuterie Board from Inspiration for Moms // Sweet and Savory Charcuterie Board from The Handmade Home
Christmas Cookie Dessert Board from Modern Glam // Gluten Free Dessert Charcuterie Board from Taryn Whiteaker // Charcuterie Board for the Holidays from Twelve on Main // Hot Chocolate Dessert Board from Jenna Kate at Home
Hot Cocoa Charcuterie Board from Hallstrom Home // Kid Friendly Charcuterie Board from She Gave It A Go // Classic Charcuterie Board from The Happy Housie // Holiday Charcuterie Board from Jennifer Maune
Everything looks so delicious and beautifully put together!
This is so pretty with the reds and greens! Thanks for joining us Christina! xo