Textured, boho styled throw pillows are still trending this season, and you can make them for hardly any money at all with Dollar Tree bath mats and macrame cord! Let me show you how.
I love the look of natural coloured, cotton pillows with tons of texture. They are perfect for a boho or farmhouse themed home, and match with so many other pieces! Recently, I had seen one I loved at HomeSense, but it was $40. When I found some bath mats at Dollar Tree in the perfect colour, I knew I could make something similar on a budget.
This pillow doesn’t require any sewing, and it’s easy to make. You’ll need to know how to use a glue gun and make a crochet chain with your fingers, and that’s it! You can sew this together by hand in the end, but I love these Gorilla Glue glue sticks that should keep this pillow in tact for a really long time.
Watch the YouTube video below to learn how to make this boho textured throw pillow from Dollar Tree bath mats plus 3 more Fall decor trend DIYs with Dollar Tree supplies:
(Or follow the written instructions, below.)
- 2 Dollar Tree bath mats
- 2 skeins Dollar Tree yarn OR 1 skein macrame cord
- glue sticks
- fiber fill
- glue gun
- Create a crochet chain (with your fingers or a crochet hook) with the macrame cord or Dollar Tree yarn (doubled) that's as wide as the Dollar Tree bath mat. Tie it off, leaving a long tail at the beginning and end of the chain.
- Attach it to the center of the back of the bath mat with hot glue. I use Gorilla Glue hot glue sticks.
- Create and attach 5 more crochet chains to the center of the bath mat back.
- Create and attach 2 more crochet chains near the bottom of the bath mat, and 2 more near the top.
- Create 2 long crochet chains and glue them to the pillow in a zigzag pattern in between the stripes you've created.
- You can also make your own pattern with crochet chains for your pillow!
- Trim the crochet chain tails on each side of the pillow, and fray them if desired.
- Glue the bath mat to another bathmat around the perimeter of the top & sides, leaving the bottom open.
- Stuff the pillow with fiber fill, and then glue it closed with hot glue.
- Let cool, and enjoy! This can be hand washed or washed on the gentle cycle in the washing machine, and laid flat to dry.
What did you think of this DIY Boho Throw Pillow with Dollar Tree bath mats? Let me know in the comments below!
Here are some other great Fall Decor items that you can create from items found at the Dollar Tree!