Learn how to make a beautiful floral grapevine wreath for Autumn in shades rose gold, copper and green.
Nothing signals the start of a new season more than a beautiful new wreath on your front door! Wreaths are a fun and easy craft to make, and I love playing with different colour and texture combinations each season.
This year, I decided to make a traditional grapevine wreath with faux florals and greenery, but make it unique with a fresh colour combo for Fall. Rather than your typical oranges, golds and browns, I'm using pinks, coppers, corals and greenery. I've been enjoying using pink in my decor lately, so using it in a warmer tone and combining it with Fall shapes and textures like pumpkins, coloured leaves and copper makes it feel more Autumnal.
This project is party of the Fall Seasonal Simplicity series hosted by Krista of The Happy Housie. I'm so excited to be joining dozens of other bloggers in sharing our Fall themed wreaths with you today. Make sure to head down to the bottom of this post after you've read it to see all of the other beautiful wreaths you can make for Autumn! Make sure to go visit all of your favourite projects, make them, and share them with your friends online!
You can see how I made this wreath from start to finish by watching the video below, but here are my basic grapevine wreath making tips:
- use a variety of sizes and textures of flowers, ribbon and greenery to create an interesting wreath
- cut all of your faux floral & greenery stems so that there's enough stem left to push it into your grapevine wreath
- place all of your items on the wreath & play with their positioning before you glue everything down
- start placing the larger items (like a bow and large flowers) first, and move down to the smaller items
- once you're happy with the placement of all of your decorations, glue everything down with a hot glue gun
- you don't need much glue - just a small dab at the end of each stem or object is sufficient (and then it's easy to remove everything if you want to recycle and redecorate your wreath later!)
How to make a Fall floral grapevine wreath:
Today I'm excited to be joining a group of over 20 other talented bloggers who are also sharing a Fall DIY wreath tutorial with you! Hop over to see what my friends are sharing...