I had a really fun morning. It was my pleasure to be on CTV Morning Live here in Edmonton with one of my favourite girls in the whole world – my 4 year old Little C!
We were able to do a bit of live crafting, and we talked about Mama Blogs – an event I’ll be speaking at next week (if you’re local to Edmonton and are thinking about starting a blog, you should come!).
Little C helped me make a simple version of a scalloped bunting banner on air. This version requires no sewing, so it’s really easy and quick to make (and so much fun to make with your kids).
- scraps of cotton fabric
- fabric glue
- twine, yarn ribbon or string
- pinking shears
- a circular stencil of some sort (I just used a juice jug lid!)
- Use the stencil/lid to trace a circle on your fabric piece. Cut it out with pinking shears to prevent fraying.
- Cut a piece of string to the desired length you want your banner to be.
- Dab fabric glue around one side of a fabric circle and then fold it over the string, press down.
- Repeat until you’re finished the banner.
Easy! We’re going to put this one up in Little C’s new room!