This DIY wreath features a huge & rustic grapevine base, handmade pom poms, Dollar Tree bell ornaments, wicker balls and greenery for the ultimate Christmas or winter decor for your home. Learn how easy it is to make this rustic wreath with inexpensive supplies!
Thanks to Tracey Jazmin for the gorgeous photos featured here.
This post is part of a seasonal blog hop I’m doing with some of my favourite blogging friends! Make sure to visit all the links at the bottom of this post to get more DIY ideas using pom poms.
If you’ve seen my Christmas tree decorating video this year (the blog post will come soon), you’ll know already that I’m crushing on all the pom poms for Christmas decor.
Pom poms are so fluffy and happy and incredibly fun to make! That’s why I decided to incorporate them into not only my Christmas tree and gift wrapping this year, but also a GIANT rustic wreath!
This wreath has lots of neutral and natural elements, so I think it would work for both Christmas and general winter decor. It features inexpensive elements like a large grapevine wreath (use your 40% coupon and buy it at Michaels!), yarn, bell ornaments from dollar tree and wicker balls from Dollarama. You can also include any faux greenery you may have on hand.
- large 30" grapevine wreath base
- 1 skein chunky yarn
- 5-6 Dollar Tree bell Christmas ornaments OR white ball ornaments
- 8-10 Dollarama wicker ball decorations in various sizes
- 2 stems faux greenery
- 3" wide wired ribbon
- pom pom maker
- glue gun
- wire cutters
- Make 8-10 pom poms in various sizes using the chunky yarn and pom pom maker (use the directions included with the pom pom maker to create the pom poms).
- Create a large bow with long tails with the wired floral wire.
- Lay out your wreath base and all of the additional elements, and start playing with the placement of the elements on the wreath base.
- Cut any faux greenery stems down into smaller pieces to work with your arrangement.
- Once you are satisfied with your arrangement, glue each element one-by-one to the wreath base using a generous amount of hot glue.
- You may have to use floral wire or extra yarn to tie the heavier elements in place, like the bell ornaments.
- Hang and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 10 Yard Burlap Natural Color Fabric Ribbon Roll for Arts & Crafts Homemade DIY Projects, Event Decorations by Super Z Outlet (3" Inch)
- Lion Brand Yarn 122-098 Thick & Quick Bonus Bundle Yarn, Fisherman
- Sleetly Christmas Ornaments, White Snowball, 3.15 inch, Set of 12
- Darice 2827-55 Grapevine Ball: 4", Natural
- RED HEART 84064.0001 Pom Pom & Tassel Maker Teal