Raise your hand if you’re a fellow coffee loving mama! The stuff keeps me alive some days – especially during my afternoon slump. In the summer, it’s often too hot to drink hot coffee, so this cold brew coffee is a fabulous alternative! I’ve finally learned how to make a tasty cold brew coffee, so let me share it with you today in this video tutorial.
I’ve also come up with a really yummy creamer that you can add to this cold brew to make a vanilla sweet cream cold brew or frappucino. It’s such a treat!
Watch this video to learn how to make these & happy coffee drinking, mamas!
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 cups dark coffee grounds
- 8 cups (2L) water
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pour the coffee grounds into a large container that has a lid.
- Add in the water and mix.
- Put a lid on the container and store it at room temperature overnight or longer if desired.
- Line a strainer with a paper towel and place it over another large container. Pour the brew into the lined strainer to strain out the grounds. Push the remaining grounds with a spoon in the strainer to squeeze out all of the remaining liquid.
- You can store this finished cold brew coffee for up to a week in your fridge.
- To make the sweet vanilla cream, pour the cream into a mason jar and add one cup of sweetened condensed milk and 2 tsp vanilla extract. Put a lid on the jar and shake to combine. You can store this cream mixture in the fridge for up to a week.
- To make a cold brew coffee with sweet vanilla cream, place a generous amount of ice in a cup, add one part cold brew coffee and one part of the sweet cream mixture (or enough to your liking).
- To make a frappucino, blend ice, cold brew coffee, and sweet cream mixture in a blender, pour in a glass and top with whipped cream.