Whipped coffee or Dalgona coffee is a huge trend on social media right now, but my version uses real espresso and less sweetener for a taste that I prefer. Plus, you can make this sugar-free! Let me show you how to make DIY whipped coffee with real espresso.
I first saw whipped coffee on Instagram, and learned it was a trend that started on TikTok. (By the way, I’ve just finally started enjoying TikTok, and you can follow me on there by clicking right here! It’s a fun place for inspirational, funny short videos.)
The “traditional” recipe for this kind of creamy, iced coffee is to blend together 2 Tbsp instant coffee, 2 Tbsp hot water, and 2 Tbsp sugar. You then spoon this on top of milk & ice. When I tried this recipe, I found it far too sweet. I’m also not a fan of instant coffee. Here’s a recipe that I came up with using espresso & less sweetener. I definitely prefer the taste, and I hope you love it too!
- 2 shots espresso
- 2-3 tsp granulated sweetener (sugar, monk fruit etc.)
- 1/2 cup milk
- Pull two shots of espresso into a small bowl.
- Add 2-3 tsp of your favourite granulated sweetener - granulated sugar, or a sugar-free sweetener like granulated monk fruit.
- Blend until the mixture is foamy and a light caramel colour.
- Add ice and milk to a glass and spoon over the whipped coffee mixture.
- Enjoy with a straw, or mix it together before drinking.