This Easter cookies in a jar recipe make a great gift for a neighbor, family member or friend. Alternatively, make these for yourself because these cookies are absolutely delicious!
If you're looking for a simple last minute gift idea or a porch drop-off idea, these cookies in a jar are so cute and fun! Put basic cookie ingredients in a jar decorated with a bunny decal, and don't forget to add Easter-coloured M&M candy for that festive touch.
You can create a handwritten tag with the instructions on how to make the cookies, and tie it to the jar with raffia ribbon.
I based this cookies in a jar recipe off of this one: Julia's Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Jar Recipe. For mine, I swapped the chocolate chips for M&M's and added 2 whole eggs.
Learn how to make cookies in a jar for Easter by watching the video:
Here's what to write on the instruction tag:
In a large bowl, combine ¾ cup butter, 2 eggs, and 1 tsp vanilla. Cream together. Empty contents of jar into bowl and mix together. Roll dough into 1" balls and bake at 375 F for 8-10 min.
Easter Cookies in a Jar Recipe
- 1 ⅔ cup flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 200 g bag of Easter M&Ms candy
- large jar
- bunny decal (optional)
- raffia ribbon
- cardstock for tag
- Mix together flour, granulated sugar & baking soda.
- Pour into clean & sterilized jar.
- Add brown sugar into jar and pack down.
- Add Easter M&Ms candy.
- Place lid on jar.
- Place a bunny shaped decal on the front of the jar (optional).
- Write the following instructions onto a cardstock tag: In a large bowl, combine ¾ cup butter, 2 eggs, and 1 tsp vanilla. Cream together. Empty contents of jar into bowl and mix together. Roll dough into 1" balls and bake at 375 F for 8-10 min.
- Punch a hole in the tag, thread some raffia ribbon through it and tie it around the neck of the jar.
Have fun gifting your cookies in a jar! Find more Easter DIY & decor ideas right here.