Our family eats chicken a lot, so it's nice to be able to branch out into different protein options when I'm planning easy weekday dinners. This easy honey garlic shrimp is a lot simpler to cook than it looks, and it has so much flavour! We love how it pairs with steamed vegetables like broccoli, and it's perfect with a side of Minute Rice. Let me show you how easy it is to make this dish.
When I'm exhausted after a long day kid wrangling or working (or both, usually!), the last thing I want to do is make a supper that takes an hour to cook. With this dinner idea, you can prep the shrimp in a marinade the night before, and then the meal only takes 10 minutes to cook at suppertime.
The sweet and savoury taste of this shrimp is kid-friendly, but it's also full of flavour. If you add Minute Rice and a steamed vegetable like broccoli on the side, you have a full and nutritious meal. We're definitely adding this easy supper idea to our rotation this Spring!
- 350g pre-cooked shrimp, tails removed
- 4 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- salt & pepper
- 500g broccoli crowns
- 2 cups Minute Rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pour shrimp into a plastic container. Add in honey, soya sauce, minced garlic and salt & pepper. Mix everything together well, and place in the fridge from 15 minutes to a day to marinate.
- Meanwhile, boil 2 cups of water, 1 tablespoon butter and a sprinkle of salt in one pot, and ½ cup of water in another pot.
- When the water in both pots is boiling, place 2 cups of Minute Rice in the first pot and the broccoli crowns in the second pot. Take the 1st pot with the Minute Rice off of the heat, give it a stir, place a lid on the pot, and let the rice sit.
- Put 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet, and heat the oil on a medium heat setting.
- Remove the shrimp mixture from the fridge, and put it in the pan once the oil is hot.
- Stir the shrimp in the pan until the shrimp is slightly seared and the marinade is reduced.
- Drain the broccoli crowns, and serve them with the shrimp and Minute Rice.
Want to see me cook this live in 10 minutes? Check out my Facebook Live video here:
Do you have a quick supper recipe idea you're dying to share with me and my readers? Please let me know in the comments below or by sharing with my on social media with the hashtag #weekdaywin. I'm always on the look-out for dinners that my kids will love but that are simple to make - especially recipes with minimal ingredients that kids will actually eat. I look forward to seeing what you come back with!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Minute Rice. As always, all of the opinions here are my own.
Stephanie @ Casa Watkins Living
Delicious looking!!!! My kids would love this!
Lindsay - The DIY Mommy
Thank you, Stephanie 🙂