Apple butter is the perfect Fall preserve with a rich, delicious texture. This apple butter recipe is so easy to make because you use a slow cooker!
This post was originally published September 2018 and has since been updated.
Now’s the perfect time of year to cook or bake with apples, and this apple butter recipe is a must-try!
You can slather it on homemade bread or biscuits (get my homemade whole wheat bread recipe here), for a perfect Fall breakfast or snack.
The best part is this recipe is made in your slow cooker, so it’s simple to make! It’s quick to prepare and so easy to cook. Let’s get started!
- 3 lb. gala apples
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp apple pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Peel and core apples, then chop into 1 inch pieces.
- Lightly spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Toss apples into the slow cooker.
- Add sugars, apple pie spice, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Cook in your slow cooker on high for one hour, then on low for 4-5 additional hours, stirring a few times throughout.
- After the cook time, use an immersion blender or your hot-food friendly regular blender to puree. Return to slow cooker, stir in vanilla.
- This recipe can be doubled for a larger batch, increase the cook time to 10-12 hours on low.
Now tell me: What would YOU use this apple butter for?