Picture this: a chocolate chip cookie with a crispy, buttery outside and a moist and fluffy inside. With a “secret ingredient”, that’s what kind of cookie you’ll be eating with my favourite chocolate chip cookie recipe!
(Note: This post first appeared on my blog in September 2012, and has been updated with new photos!)
I’m always on the hunt for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe (isn’t everyone?!) and this one is awfully close.
My daughter (who always happily mixes our cookies) agrees that these are simply yummy.
We aren’t the type to line them up perfectly on the pan in consistently-sized balls, but they’re irregularity adds to their homemade numminess, right?
Here’s the recipe (adapted from Chocolate Chip Cookies a la Anna Olson) – it uses corn starch which sounds funny, but gives these cookies a fluffy gooey texture that you’ll go ga ga over!
- ¾ cup softened butter
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together the butter and sugars. Add the egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Mix.
- Mix in the chocolate chips (I usually do this by hand).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (I err on the shorter side).
- Let cool and enjoy!