Our fridge and pantry are seriously Mother Hubbard right now, so I've made my meal plan for the week and we're setting out on an epic grocery shop today! (You know you're a mom when you can call grocery shopping "epic".)
I'm planning on a little bit of crock potting this week, along with a team of one-dishers. Things need to be relatively easy (and maybe I'll make extras for freezing?) as we head into the home stretch of Our DIY House this month! There is a lot of trim and door painting in my near future.
My own "rules" for meal planning:
- I plan six meals – they can go on any day of the week (whatever we’re feeling like eating that day) and the 7th day is for leftovers or eating out. This helps me go with the flow a little and not feel like I’m failing if we have have to change things due to life.
- We like to eat meat, whole grains and vegetables at every meal but I can usually convince my husband to have one meat-free meal a week.
- The meals are as “from scratch” as possible, but they still need to be simple (enter my crock pot and a lot of one-dish meals).
On the menu this week:
- Baked Sweet & Sour Chicken from Six Sisters Stuff
- Zucchini Lasagna from Martha Stewart
- Roast Chicken with Potatoes, Lemon and Asparagus from Martha Stewart
- Sweet 'n' Sour Ribs from Taste of Home
- Chicken Broccoli Supreme from Get Off Your Butt and BAKE! (Yes, this is a slightly naughty one with all of that Ritz cracker activity, but... it has broccoli.)
- Meatloaf Cupcakes from First Look, Then Cook
Are you meal planning with me? What's on your menu this week?