As we head to the finish line on Our DIY House, I'm proclaiming a Slow Cooker Week 'round here. Both the hubby and I are utterly exhausted. There are a whole lot of small things that need to be done in the house, so between us, my mom & dad, some late nights and a whole lot of coffee, we should be in within a week or two!
(I jokingly tell my friends that we'll be in the "big house" this week or next... as long as we don't admit ourselves to the mental hospital or claw each other's eyes out first - I say that lovingly. Building a home is an incredible stress on a family and a marriage, I tell you!)
This self-proclaimed Slow Cooker Week will be just what the chef ordered. If I can get my act in gear in the morning to prep these tasty looking meals, dinnertime should be much easier on us! Want to join me?
My own "rules" for meal planning:
- I plan six meals – they can go on any day of the week (whatever we’re feeling like eating that day) and the 7th day is for leftovers or eating out. This helps me go with the flow a little and not feel like I’m failing if we have have to change things due to life.
- We like to eat meat, whole grains and vegetables at every meal but I can usually convince my husband to have one meat-free meal a week.
- The meals are as “from scratch” as possible, but they still need to be simple (enter my crock pot and a lot of one-dish meals).
On the menu this week:
- Slow Cooker Sticky Chicken Wings from Six Sisters' Stuff
- Bean and Rice Stuffed Peppers from Better Homes & Gardens
- Slow Cooker Chicken from No. 2 Pencil
- Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup from Today's Mama
- Slow Cooker Chicken Gyros from Six Sisters' Stuff
- Slow Cooker Mediterranean Minestrone Soup from Betty Crocker