Miracle of all miracles – Meal Planning Monday is back this week! We’re slowly settling into our new home, and things have been a little lackadaisical on the supper front (i.e. we had popcorn and ham slices for supper last night). I’m ready to get back into the swing of things now that I’m warming up to my new kitchen and the longer car-to-front-door grocery bag run. (I’ll share some more peeks of Our DIY House later this week with you… there’s still so much to do!)
This week, we’re celebrating summer with a fun menu of chicken, hamburgers and pizza. There’s a random recipe for Borsch thrown in there because Hubby has been requesting that I make some ever since we said “I do”, so I thought I’d attempt it this week. This will be my last official Meal Planning Monday (at least for now, anyhow). Now that I have 8 weeks of menus under my belt, I’ll go back and pick my pre-planned weeks again until I get bored.
My own “rules” for meal planning:
- I plan six meals – they can go on any day of the week (whatever we’re feeling like eating that day) and the 7th day is for leftovers or eating out. This helps me go with the flow a little and not feel like I’m failing if we have have to change things due to life.
- We like to eat meat, whole grains and vegetables at every meal but I can usually convince my husband to have one meat-free meal a week.
- The meals are as “from scratch” as possible, but they still need to be simple (enter my crock pot and a lot of one-dish meals).
On the menu this week:
- Holy Yum Chicken from Table for Two
- Homemade Healthier Big Macs from Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice (We’ll probably make these sweet potato fries for on the side.)
- Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo Shells from Dessert Now, Dinner Later
- Borsch from Will Cook for Smiles
- Healthy Chicken Spinach Lasagna Recipe from Cookin’ Canuck
- Pizzeria Style Pepperoni Pizza from Table for Two
What’s on your supper menu this week?