Do you get the home organization and renovation bug like I do in mid-winter? I’m just itching to get over this darn flu we’ve had for a week (so far – ugh!) and get to work on more home organization and finishing. There are still a LOT of projects left to finish up in Our DIY House – one of them being our laundry room. It completely functions right now, we just got a new washer and dryer a couple of years ago in a lovely cherry red, and all of the cabinets are up, but we need to finish things off so that it’s even more functional. I also want to make it pretty and feel like a little vintage, feminine retreat in soft minty aqua and cherry red with vintage industrial accessories.
Over the next few weeks, I’m hoping hubby and I can build a DIY countertop over our washer and dryer, make a hook wall to hold hampers on the opposite side, install cabinet pulls and knobs, and finish up painting and accessorizing the space. As usual, we have a limited budget to finish our laundry room, so we’ll be relying on our DIY and repurposing skills for this project.
Here’s a mood board with the look and some products I have in mind for our vintage farmhouse laundry room:
- Waverly Timeless Ticking Crimson Fabric
- Spectrum 98976 Scoop Basket, Medium, Cool Gray
- Liberty B46305C-FB-C Ball End Coat and Hat Hook, Flat Black
- Household Essentials Hanging Cotton Canvas Laundry Hamper Bag
- Vintage Blue 100th Anniversary Ball Pint Mason Jar with Black Lid and Black Soap Pump
- Laundry Metal Wall Decor Drying Rack with 9 Clips (Distressed White)
- Waverly Norfolk Rose Fabric
- Classic Grey Laundry Signs on Wood-panel Style Background; Two 18x6in Laundry Prints
- LG PAIR SPECIAL-“WILD CHERRY RED” Ultra Large Capacity Laundry System with Steam Technology (WM3250HRA+DLEX3250R)
I’m really excited to get this room completely finished and buttoned up. It’s my first laundry room EVER and it’s been such a treat to use already.
What do you think? Do you like red + aqua? (I DO SO MUCH!) What do you have in your laundry room or closet?
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.