Don't you think it's nice to have a retreat in your home? Just a pretty little corner or a room that's NOT kid-friendly? In our Garage House, we didn't have a room that was solely for adults. In Our DIY House, I wanted to save our front sitting room as a special project for me - a beautiful little retreat that I could decorate with white and glass and non-kiddish things. This is also going to be a super duper feminine room. Sorry, Hubs - there's going to be pink in here!
If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you'll know that I've been slowly chipping away at this room and that my mom just finished reupholstering a stunning pair of vintage chairs I've had for almost a year. My goal this Spring is to complete decorating this room. Meet my "modern french country glam sitting room" mood board:
- A&B Home La Rochelle Rustic Chandelier, 21 X 21-Inch
- Waikoloa Embroidered Pillow from Taylor Linens
- CorLiving LAD-480-C Antonio Accent Chair in Soft Grey Velvet, Set of 2
- Home Style 5181-69 Arts and Crafts Dining Buffet, Black Finish
- Safavieh FAH160A Cowhide Collection Faux Cowhide Area Rug, 5-Feet by 6-Feet 6-Inch, Brindle
- White Faux Fur
- Waverly Norfolk Rose Fabric
- Deco Collection Moderne Crystal Table Lamp
- Customizable Vintage French Family Name Artwork (by me)
- allen + roth Provence Oak Laminate from Lowe’s Canada
- Jane Tufted Loveseat
I want this room to be an eclectic mix of vintage and modern. The walls are a lovely greyed-down mint, and there will be accents of pinks and corals grounded by classic black and white. I think it's pretty and soft, but the modern elements like the cowhide rug and black accents make it exciting.
What do you think of this eclectic mix?
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for helping support TheDIYMommy.com!
Very pretty and fresh, and very "You"! So nice that you can have a room to yourself!
Thanks, Sara! 🙂