What do people obsessed with baking make when it's too hot outside to turn on the oven? They make no-bake cookies, of course! I know that chocolate oatmeal no bake cookies aren't anything new, but I wanted to share with you my personal recipe in our family's cookbook that I've used for years and love. You can add peanut butter or leave it out (we do the latter because Little C can't stand peanut butter), but either way they're really yummy!
No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 cups white sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup hard margarine or butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup chunky peanut butter (optional)
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, cocoa, milk and margarine/butter. Bring to a boil stirring occasionally. Boil for 5 minutes, then remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, salt, peanut butter and oats.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto waxed paper. Allow cookies to cool and harden at least 1 hour. Store in an air-tight container.