It’s One Room Challenge Time! If you haven’t heard of it, it’s where decor bloggers like myself make over one room over the course of 6 weeks as part of Calling It Home’s One Room Challenge. This time, I’m doing my biggest makeover ever – my parents’ master bedroom in their gorgeous almost-done lake house! Why is it the biggest, you ask? Because this is what it looks like now:
That’s right – those are studs and plywood. We’re going to transform these studs and plywood into a beautiful master bedroom with a rustic traditional feel featuring shades of weathered wood, whites, and greens.
We’ve been working on building Mom’s Lake House over the course of this past year, and you can read more about it right here.
Thankfully, I won’t be doing this alone. As I type, there are professional drywall-ers working on this space, and then it will be a team effort to get this room done by mid November. My parents have been working hard on finishing up there home, and so has my hubby. Together, we’ll work on getting this room finished so that it’s a dream master bedroom that they’ll be able to enjoy for years to come.
I’ll share our layout ideas & more detailed plans in a future post, but here’s the mood board we have for the space so far. With help from the the team at The Brick, this room will be transformed into a beautiful rustic traditional master oasis.
- Bridgeport Queen Bed from The Brick
- Dovetail Grey Calistoga Mirror from The Brick
- Nori 6 Light Chandelier from Build.com
- Soft White
- Weathered Wood
- Sea Salt
- Forest Green
- Botanical Art Prints
- Knit Throw with Tassels from The Brick
- Dovetail Grey Calistoga Nightstand from The Brick
- Stikwood Hamptons Peel & Stik Wood
- Waverly Cast a Spell Linen Fabric
- Delana Spa Fabric
- Forest Green Linen Pillow
- Oak Concerto Laminate Flooring
- Mongolian Sheepskin Accent Pillow from The Brick
- Layla Genuine Leather Reclining Chair from The Brick
- Hanley Accent Table from The Brick
What do you think of these natural colours and rustic traditional details? I can’t wait to get in here and start working!
Watch my Week 1 Video:
Read more about the One Room Challenge here:
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by The Brick. As always, all of the opinions here are my own.