This delicious Thai peanut noodle bowl not only tastes amazing, but it's healthy and WW (Weight Watchers re-imagined) friendly! It includes a handmade peanut sauce that can be made in bulk and used throughout the week for quick & scrumptious lunches.
I've been enjoying this noodle bowl in my lunch rotation for at least six months, and it's definitely one of my favourite things to eat at home! The key for me to enjoy veggies is to pair them with delicious sauces or seasonings, and this homemade Thai peanut sauce is simply amazing. It's a little spicy, a little sweet, and packed full of flavour!
If you are on WW like I am currently, this noodle bowl is only 3 points on the purple program! Swap the buckwheat soba noodles for konjac noodles, and it's 3 points on all the plans. The powdered peanut butter in the sauce really cuts down on the fat in this recipe, and it's loaded with all sorts of veggies. You can use whatever veggies and proteins you enjoy to make your own version of this noodle bowl.
Here's the recipe:
- 3 Tbsp powdered peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp each of soy sauce, sesame oil & rice wine vinegar
- ½ tsp minced ginger root
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup cooked buckwheat soba noodles (or konjac noodles for a lower carb option)
- ¼ cup each chopped cucumber, chopped red pepper, grated carrot, chopped chicken or turkey breast
- mint leaves for garnish
- For the dressing, combine powdered peanut butter and water until smooth. Whisk in the soy sauce, sesame oil & rice wine vinegar, minced ginger root and salt. You can chill this until you’re ready to serve or make a double or triple batch and use for a couple of noodle bowls.
- For the noodle bowl, cook the buckwheat soba noodles as per the package directions, put them in a bowl, and layer some chopped cucumber, chopped red pepper, grated carrot, chopped chicken or turkey breast and a couple of mint leaves on top. Drizzle some of the homemade dressing on top of the bowl and enjoy!