Come see how I gave our farmhouse bistro chairs an easy makeover with copper spray paint, and get all of my tips on how to spray paint furniture to get a smooth, durable finish.
I've moved our metal farmhouse style chairs from our breakfast nook to our dining room, and I thought it would be fun to give them a very quick makeover in preparation for Fall.
Here's how the chairs looked before:
They were a gunmetal colour which was a nice neutral, but I thought it would be neat to give them a punch of warm colour!
Here's how the chairs look now:
I spray painted them with Rustoleum's Copper Rose colour to warm them up for Fall. I love this sparkling, rosy shade, and I used it a lot in my Fall decor last year. Spray painting furniture is a relatively easy way to give your pieces a totally new look!
I'm really happy with the smooth, sparkling finish I achieved on these chairs, and I know the finish will be durable because I used a strong top coat (I used the Frosted Pearl finish) of spray paint and some other simple spray painting tricks.
Watch my video below to see how I transformed these chairs with copper spray paint and learn how to spray paint furniture so that it's smooth and durable:
My top tips for spray painting furniture?
- Prep your furniture's surface by cleaning it with a de-greasing cleaner and a tack cloth, and sand it if required
- Turn your spray paint can around off of the furniture (don't switch directions on your piece or you can create a splatter or blob with the excess paint)
- Use long, even strokes
- Paint with a few thin coats rather than one thick coat
- Wait a few hours between coats
- Use a durable top coat to protect your spray paint
- Let your piece cure for at least 2 days before you use it
Happy spray painting!
Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.