by Christina Dennis
Well, August is just around the corner… then September… then back-to-school! I’ve rounded up 9 of my most favourite back-to-school DIY free tutorials on the web to start working on this month:
- KID PANTS: The Basic Pant from by made What a great, free basic pant tutorial! Imagine these on your little guy or girl in a autumn-inspired plaid or houndstooth?
- Back To School Homework Caddy Tutorial by Sandy Toes & Popsicles This handy, bright DIY caddy would be perfect on a homework desk to store pencils and other school supplies.
- Vera Wang Inspired Tulle Trim Cardigan by Distractions How cute is this upcycled cardigan? The tulle and hearts are sweet for girls, or forget the tulle and add simple circle patches in faux leather for boys!
- Lunch Bag by The Long Thread A reusable lunch bag is the perfect back-to-school DIY project. There are so many sweet oil cloth fabrics available to make this in!
- Sail Away School Dress by At Second Street This adorable nautical-inspired two-piece dress would make a little girl so happy to wear back to school.
- DIY Nap Mat / Bedroll by Prudent Baby This is such a fantastic idea – an all-in-one pillow and mat for nap time at pre-school!
- Back to School Art Smock Tutorial by Sew Mama, Sew! What a cute and practical DIY tutorial for school – a washable art smock that’s perfect for any art project.
- Owl Tag Along Toddler Backpack by Cut to Pieces This adorable and thorough backpack tutorial is so sweet with the little owl details!
- Magnetic Back To School Magnetic Memo Chalkboard Tutorial with Bunting by The Gunny Sack A memo board like this would be handy by a front door or mudroom. I love the bunting detail!
Have fun with back-to-school DIY’s this year! (Have I missed any fabulous free back-to-school tutorials for kids? Please link to them in the comments below.)
Christina Dennis is the creator and designer behind Golly Gee Baby, a collection of unique and colourful baby clothing and accessories that are ethically manufactured.