The DIY Mommy is a crafty DIY & lifestyle blog about making things for mommy, for baby and for home. It features free sewing patterns and tutorials, family-friendly recipes, home decor ideas, knit and crochet patterns, DIY business advice and so much more crafty goodness!
My name is Christina Dennis and I created TheDIYMommy.com in June of 2009. I’m a mom of three girls living on an acreage west of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
The DIY Mommy started as a place where I could share fun baby crafts when my first daughter was 6 months old and it slowly morphed into something more – a varied collection of crafts for not only babies, but for moms and homes too. I also share little snippets of my life as a work-at-home mom along the way.
I’ve been honoured to have written for such print publications as Urban Infant and Alive Magazine. I’ve also appeared on local TV stations and presented at top Canadian home shows as a DIY expert. I’ve had the pleasure of partnering with great brands such as The Brick, Intel, Nokia, Keurig, Staples, Sears, Weight Watchers and Interac.
I love sewing, decorating, sleeping, making cookies, singing, playing piano, playing with my girls and messing around on my computer. I hate sports, organizing, cleaning my house and driving in the big city.
Here’s a video with a little more about this blog and YouTube Channel:
I hope The DIY Mommy a place that will inspire you to find your own creativity. If you’re interested in working with The DIY Mommy as a guest author, would like to submit a product for review, or have any general questions or comments, please use the contact page. I’d love to hear from you! Happy crafting, mommies!
Awards & Accolades:
- Winner of Western Canada’s Next Home Stylist in August 2015
- Named one of the “24 most awesome parents on social media” by Today’s Parent Magazine in April 2015
- “…Christina… certainly earns our stylish laundry room badge with this successful bare-to-better makeover.” – Good Housekeeping, April 2015
- Winner of the “Best in Family or Parenting” Yeggie (Edmonton New Media Awards) in April 2014
- “[Christina’s] determination is a nod to how the mother of three young girls doesn’t allow a tight schedule or a tight budget to interfere with her drive to create a beautiful and unique space for her family.” – Edmonton Journal, April 2014
As Seen In: