A pre-made mix of pumpkin pie spices is handy to have around - not only for making pumpkin pie, but baking cookies and making seasonal drinks! Here's a simple recipe to make your own DIY pumpkin spice mix to keep on hand.
When I wanted to make some homemade snickerdoodles with the addition of pumpkin spice mix the other day (get my delicious Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles recipe here), I thought it would be easy to whip up my own pumpkin spice mix. It sure was!
I'd definitely recommend making your own pumpkin pie spice mix to keep in a jar in your spice drawer to add to pie, cookies and drinks. It's extra-quick to make and so delicious for your Fall baking!
Make it in bulk to use by the spoon; it's a wonderful staple to have on hand.
Here's the simple DIY pumpkin spice mix recipe!
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- Mix the spices together in a small jar.
- Put a lid on the jar and store the spice mixture in a cool, dry place.