My auntie’s recipe for easy apple muffins with crumb topping is simple to make and absolutely delicious! I know you’ll love these as much as my family does.
Photos by Tracey Jazmin.
This blog post is part of a seasonal blog hop – Seasonal Simplicity – hosted by The Happy Housie. Make sure to check out all of the other delicious Fall recipes by my blogging friends linked at the bottom of this post!
Fall and Winter are baking seasons to me, so I’m so excited that it’s getting a little crisper outside so that we can make some yummy goodies!
My extended family is German, and boy do us Germans love our cakes, muffins and pies! I have a little book of family recipes, and the majority of them are sweet treats like these apple muffins.
This delicious apple muffin recipe is by my Auntie Irma from our German family’s special recipe book. They’re extra simple to make, and oh-so-perfect for Fall. The crumb topping is generous (we Germans LOVE our crumbs – or “struesel”!), and the apple flavour shines. I like to use Granny Smith apples for these, but you can use your favourite variety.
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1/4 c. vegetable or canola oil
- 3/4 c. grated apples
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1/4 c. hard margarine or butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and prepare a 12 cup muffin pan.
- Mix the egg, milk & oil together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix together.
- Fold in the grated apples.
- To make the crumb topping, combine the brown sugar and 1/2 c. flour. Using a pastry cutter, cut in 1/4 c. of hard margarine or butter until the mixture has a crumb texture.
- Spoon the muffin batter into the muffin pan, and then top with the crumb topping.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Now it’s time for more delicious Fall recipes from my blogging friends. Click on each link below to go to the recipes.
Easy Apple Muffins with Crumb Topping at The DIY Mommy
Rustic Mini Apple Galettes at Tatertots and Jello
Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Bars at Maison de Cinq
Pumpkin Sheet Pan Pancakes at A Pretty Life in the Suburbs
Delicious Beef Bourguignon Recipe at Paint Me Pink
Hearty Autumnal Yam Soup at This is Simplicite
Apple Pie Chia Pudding at Cherished Bliss
Baked Brie with Blueberries and Bacon at This is Our Bliss
Salmon with Sherry and Tomato Cream Sauce at Willow Street Interiors
Fall Pumpkin Coffee Cake Muffins at Inspiration for Moms
Baked Zucchini Donuts with Vanilla Glaze at Satori Design for Living
Pecan Spice Biscotti at My Sweet Savannah
Best Homemade Lasagne Recipe at The Handmade Home
Crispy Parmesan Fried Zucchini at Two Twenty One