Learn how to make delicious salted caramel sauce with your slow cooker using this easy recipe. Serve it on top of your favourite dessert or as a fruit dip. Yum!
Looking for a delicious and easy Fall treat? This slow cooker salted caramel sauce is delectable and so easy to make.
It would be super-duper-yummy drizzled on ice cream, cake, or even apple pie for a satisfying Fall dessert! You can vary the thickness of this sauce by varying the time you cook it in your slow cooker.
You might need these:
Ready to make it?
- 14 oz can of evaporated milk
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp coarse sea salt
- Inside your slow cooker, place a glass or oven proof dish. I use a glass loaf pan. You will be creating a double broiler.
- In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients together.
- Pour into the glass loaf pan.
- Into the slow cooker, pour enough water until it is even with the caramel mixture. You will want the water to boil around the pan cooking the caramel.
- Turn the slow cooker on high.
- The longer you cook the caramel, the darker and thicker it will be. For a light, thinner sauce cook for 4-5 hours. For a medium sauce, cook for 6-7 hours. For a dark thick sauce cook for 9-10 hours. I cooked mine for about 6 ½ hours.
- Remove the caramel from the slow cooker. Whisk for about a minute to mix it up.
- Serve warm.
- To store, put into jars and refrigerate for up to 1 month. You can also store at room temperature for about 1 week.
DISCLOSURE: This post contains affiliate links. When you purchase an item via these links, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.