Today I want to give you a closer look at our Christmas tree this year, plus show you how to decorate your own rustic boho glam Christmas tree with elements like oversized pom-poms, rustic floral picks, hand painted ornaments, and neutral metallic colours.
I'm so excited to be taking part in the My Home Style Blog Hop: Christmas Tree Edition hosted by Stephanie of Casa Watkins Living! I'm joining several other bloggers this week who are sharing their Christmas trees all decorated for the season. It's a great way for you to get inspiration no matter what your style! Make sure to check out all the links at the bottom of this post to see all the trees. If you're coming from Lolly Jane today, welcome!
Earlier this month, I shared this Christmas tree decorating idea on my YouTube channel. Michaels sponsored the video on my channel, so they gifted me the tree and all of the decorations you see in this blog post.
Rustic Boho Glam Christmas Tree Sources:
The following are not exactly the same items I used as they're no longer available at Michaels. However, these Amazon products are close and will give you a similar look:
- eucalyptus picks
- rose gold fern picks
- white berry picks
- chunky yarn for pom-poms
- pom-pom maker
- pom-pom garland
- rose gold wired ribbon
- ivory canvas wired ribbon
SEE HOW I DECORATED MY RUSTIC, BOHO & GLAM CHRISTMAS TREE FROM START TO FINISH IN THIS VIDEO:
(Video sponsored by Michaels)
THE KEY ELEMENTS OF THIS RUSTIC, BOHO & GLAM CHRISTMAS TREE DESIGN:
Oversized DIY pom-poms give the tree texture and interest. They're so fun to make, too! I used chunky yarn and a pom-pom maker to make mine. Then, I added further texture to my tree with rose gold and champagne gold wired ribbon.
Rustic floral picks give fullness and a natural look to the tree, and some fluffy pom-pom picks and glittered picks add even more texture.
Hand painted ornaments mixed with rose gold and white glass ball ornaments add a subtle boho style to this Christmas tree. I used acrylic paints to paint the floral designs on some plain white ornaments, and I love the look!
Even though my Christmas tree is neutral this year, I love all of the different elements. It's cozy, glamorous and natural-looking - just the way I want our Christmas home to feel!
Get more Christmas decorating ideas:
- Inexpensive Gift Wrapping Ideas that look stunning!
- Kitchen Christmas Decor Ideas 2022
- Dining Room Christmas Decor Ideas 2022
- 13 Simple Holiday Home Hacks that will make your Christmas easier!
- 8 Unique Decorating Ideas For A Christmas Tree
- Living Room Christmas Decor Ideas 2022
- How To Have A Green Christmas: Easy, Simple, And Affordable Ideas
- How To Make DIY Christmas Ornaments: Easy And Unique Crafts
- The Ultimate Free Printable Christmas Planner
- Christmas Decor Trends 2022 (and how to get them on a budget!)
- Free Printable Christmas Gift Tags - Carol of the Bells Tags
- Simple Christmas Decorating Ideas: Holiday Home Tour 2021
- How to make a DIY centerpiece from a thrifted wooden bowl
- DIY Christmas Ornament - Cottagecore mushrooms for your tree!
- Free Printable Cozy Cottagecore Christmas Gift Tags
- Christmas Decorating Hacks: 7 Easy Ideas for Small Spaces
MAKE SURE TO VISIT ALL OF THE OTHER BLOGGERS' GORGEOUS CHRISTMAS TREE IDEAS! THERE'S SOMETHING FOR EVERY STYLE: