The holiday season is upon us, and what better way to spread the Christmas cheer than with a DIY Christmas Mocktail Station? Imagine your Holiday party guests’ eyes lighting up as they walk in and are greeted by a yummy array of ingredients, ready to be turned into customized Christmas party punch recipes (non alcoholic or with spirits). Let’s dive into creating a fun, festive experience that your friends and family will remember for years to come!
It’s DIY PARTY TRAY week!
Every day this week, I’m sharing some creative ways to use a big round wooden tray for your festive gatherings this year. I hope these ideas inspire you as you enjoy the Holiday season with loved ones!
This non alcoholic punch station is the perfect thing to put out for any Holiday gathering. It’s great for kids and adults alike! This station is so easy to put together, and you can make it as simple or as complex as your time and budget allows.
The Fruit & Garnish Serving Box
Start with an acrylic serving box – you can find them here on Amazon. Line the bottom with ice cubes to keep things refreshingly cool. I love this serving box because it has floating trays on top of the ice to house all of your yummy fruits and garnishes!
Fill those floating trays with an assortment of seasonal delights:
- Plump blackberries
- Fresh cranberries
- Fragrant sprigs of rosemary
- Juicy pomegranate seeds
- Sweet raspberries
That’s what I have in my tray, but you could also add or substitute things like:
- orange slices
- lemon slices
- lime slices
Add some serving tongs to the mix for that extra touch of elegance. This setup not only looks beautiful but allows your guests to easily grab their chosen ingredients.
The Main Stage: Wooden Tray Setup
Now, let’s talk about the main stage for this Christmas party punch station – a large round wooden tray. I’m using this 16″ wooden tray from Canadian Tire. Arrange the following:
- A pitcher of orange juice (or any juice of choice like cranberry juice cocktail, pineapple juice, apple cider, grape juice or pomegranate juice)
- Cans of sparkling flavored beverages
- The classic 7-Up lemon-lime soda or ginger ale for that fizzy kick
- A small glass of grenadine for that splash of sweetness
- Various drinking glasses for the perfect presentation like wine glasses, coupes, etc.
- Stir sticks or spoons for stirring drinks
Craving Cocktails Instead?
This is a mocktail setup, but you could add bottles of alcohol like champagne, prosecco, gin, vodka & rum to the tray to make a cocktail version of the tray. (Check out my delicious cranberry cosmopolitan cocktail recipe here!)
Mix and Match: Crafting Your Signature Mocktail
With everything laid out, the real fun begins. Guests can craft their own festive punch according to their personal preference in a few easy steps:
- Start with a glass filled with ice – because every good drink starts with a chill.
- Pick their favorite fruits from the floating trays and drop them into the glass.
- Pour in the chosen juice – orange, perhaps?
- Top it off with a generous splash of fizzy delight – 7-Up to the rescue!
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.
Voila! Your guests have just concocted their very own Christmas mocktail masterpiece. It’s not just a drink; it’s a unique creation to celebrate the unique people at your party.
My favourite Christmas punch recipe combo is pictured above: ice, pomegranate seeds, orange juice, a splash of pomegranate flavoured sparkling water, and a sprig of rosemary for garnish. I love the fresh and festive taste of this combination!
More Christmas party punch recipes (non alcoholic):
- Blackberry Citrus: ice, blackberries, orange juice & 7-up
- Shirley Temple Mocktail: ice, grenadine, orange juice & 7-up
- Cranberry Fizz: ice, cranberries, cranberry juice & cranberry flavoured carbonated water
The Finishing Touch: Cheers to DIY Creativity!
Encourage your guests to get creative, mix flavors, and share their newfound non alcoholic Christmas punch recipe concoctions. A DIY Christmas Party Punch Station not only adds a touch of festive flair but also creates memorable moments that will be talked about long after the holiday season has wrapped up.
So, what are you waiting for? Let the DIY magic unfold at your Christmas gathering this December with a festive mocktail station that’s as unique as each of your guests. Cheers to creativity, togetherness, and a season filled with joyful celebrations!