A master bedroom suite should be a place to relax, to dream and to retreat... especially when you have young children that demand your attention all day long!
I haven't had a place to retreat to in a very long time (except for the bathroom in our Garage House, which is less than glamourous). Our DIY House will have a bedroom just for me and the Hubs - with a lovely ensuite and walk-in closet to boot! I am over-the-moon-crazy-freaky-excited about this spot just for us. They'll be no babies in bassinets by my head, no change tables, no file folders, no electrical box... and so much room.
Here's my design idea for our "rustic glam master suite retreat". I think I want to keep it very neutral in colour with shades of greys, creams, and black. For interest, I'll add in textures with faux furs, knits, metallics and a fluffy rug.
- "Robat" All Over Stencial for a feature wall
- New Arrivals Curtain Panel Set Urban Ikat Gray from: Layla Grayce & Zinc Door
- Safavieh Greta Silver Accent Table
- Wayne Chair Ivory from: Layla Grayce & Zinc Door
- Rugs USA Keno Trellis Slate Rug
- Faux Fur Curly Mongolian White Fabric
- Hadley Ruched Duvet Cover from Pottery Barn
- Minky Frosted Zebra Cuddle Grey Fabric
- Omni Crystal Chandelier
- Faber White & Black Stone Tile from Lowe's Canada
- Allen + Roth Provence Oak Laminate Flooring from Lowe's Canada
What do you think - do you find neutrals and textures restful in a bedroom?
(Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to purchase products via these links, a small percentage of the sale will be given to me at no extra cost to you. It's a win-win - thanks for helping support thediymommy.com!)
Loving the grey inspiration for my home! Pinned, Tweeted and Facebook! Please like my page on Facebook if you can. I'm a newbie blogger and trying to build my following. Thanks so much!
Thank you, Portia!
I really like your mood board but i was wondering if it was possible for you to take pictures of the end results for this bedroom. I was having similar ideas to this type of theme for my bedroom and wanted to see how it can potentially turn out for me.
Thanks, Vanessa! I haven't finished this room yet, but when I do I will definitely post photos.
I was wondering what program you use for your mood boards? Olioboard? Or something on your computer? Thanks!! Love your blog!
I use Photoshop. Thanks so much for reading my blog!